6 Steps to Visualizing for Beginners
Visualizing is an important part of living the life of your dreams. After all, if you don't have a picture in your mind of how you want your life to look it's like getting in your car and starting to drive without any idea of where you want to go. So we first have to get clear on what we want and why we want it. This is a brief guide to visualizing for the beginner. In these steps I am using a new car as the object of visualization, but you will substitute the object/vacation/relationship of your desire.
1. Visualize every day - start with only once a day
2. Only do it for 5 - 10 minutes* and if a random thought comes into your mind, say ok and dismiss it and focus again on what you want to obtain
3. Imagine and "see" every detail - see the leather of the seats in the car smell that new car smell. Whatever it is you dream about, imagine in great detail
4. Put yourself in the picture - feel the leather of the seats and wrap your hands around the steering wheel, smell that new car smell,
5. Feel the emotions you will feel when you obtain what you visualize - feel the thrill of the acceleration, the joy of driving your dream car.
6. Focus on the end results and don't worry about how it will happen.
* If you as a beginner try to focus more than once a day or more than 5 -10 minutes at a time, you may become frustrated and give up on the process.
Visualization has been shown to work in many situations. Olympic athletics use this technique to improve their performance. Your brain cannot distinguish between an actual event or one imagined in your head. And you don't have to sit in a lotus position but it is recommended you find a quiet place where you will be undisturbed and sit with a straight back, eyes closed for the 5 - 10 minutes.